DC Personal Injury Attorney and Your Rights
Personal Injury Accidents and Your Rights
As a DC personal injury attorney we understand that anytime anyone gets injured in an accident they could be entitled to compensation for their injuries.
The best way to get any kind of accident compensation would be to hire a good personal injury attorney your local area.
Keep in mind that there are strict cut-off dates for declaring any compensation, as soon as a case is submitted, there are deadlines to submit additional pleadings and also to produce developments about the accident. Discovery includes, healthcare costs, accident records, professional testimony, and depositions.
In order to receive any compensation for an accident there are some actions that you must take. The more information regarding the incident, the more information the accident that the personal injury lawyer can work with, will make it far better to achieve fair compensation for you.
Once in an car accident,you should contact the police and the insurance company shortly after the accident. Ensure that the police finishes an official accident statement, which includes all of the who, what, when and where of the accident.
Do not sign off on the police report, unless of course all of the facts are included in the document. Ensure that all of the correct details are included. Question the officer on the scene to add or update particulars if they’re lacking or inaccurate in the police report.
Important Factors of Personal Injury Cases
- Burden of proof that the injured individual was negligent
- Was negligence the cause of the accident
- Did the accident cause any sort of injuries
- Statute of limitations – the time limit when the accident claim was filed
How Much is Your Personal Injury Case Really worth?
The worth of your personal injury case is dependent on a couple of factors:
- The degree of the injuries
- The cost of your medical expenses
- Whether you have pain and suffering
- Have your injuries affected your capacity to work
- Did your injuries have affect your lifestyle that you were accustomed to
- Your age
- Future medical diagnosis
Ways to Help Your Personal Injury Claim
- Keep accurate notes of the accident and your injuries
- Collect and protect any type of physical evidence and take photos
- Keep all your medical records and receipts from the hospital
- Locate any witnesses that has any accountability of the accident
Different Types of Personal Injury Cases
- Car Accidents – struck in the rear, drunk drivers, fender benders and failure to yield
- Slip and Falls / Premises Liability – injuries taking place at a company, someones personal property or job
- Building Mishaps – anybody injured on a construction site as a worker or bystander.
- Product Liability – any type of unsafe items on the market that triggers any sort of injuries
- Medical Malpractice – clients that were injured by a doctor or due to their negligence
- Dog Bites – being attacked and bitten by a dog because of the owners negligence
Personal Injury Time Limits
There are “statute of limitations” on cases of personal injury. The limitation differs depending on your particular states laws. The limitation is dependent on when you filed your injury claim at the courthouse. Like a lot of cases there are time restraints when you need to file your personal injury claim in Court. Consult with an experienced injury attorney in your local area if you are unsure of the statute of limitations in the DC metro area.
Do You Need an Injury Attorney?
It will certainly be to your best interest to find an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible because it is essential to your case. There are a couple of reasons why it is important.
- The account of just what taken place is fresh in your mind as well as your physical evidence.
- Your witnesses have a more precise account of just what happened
- There is a statute of limitations to file an injury claim
- Your injuries are physically evident when present the case